HTML fields use a third party plugin CK Editor
To update ckeditor in the repo:
- find file in the repo build-config.js, within there will be a link that looks like this:
(3) https://ckeditor.com/cke4/builder/download/7f6494de68fed962f00df1b2f36afa68 Straight download link to the latest version of CKEditor (Optimized) with the same setup as before.
- go visit link to download the latest version
- copy into repo and let it replace existing files
- do a diff of config.js and copy the extra settings from the end into the new file, should be something like this:
config.startupFocus = 'true'; config.title = false; // force entities to be encoded, translates (which fails validation) to (which doesn't) config.entities_processNumerical = 'force'; // add the autogrow plugin config.extraPlugins = 'autogrow'; config.autoGrow_onStartup = true;
- check diff that there is nothing in plugins or skins directories that have been removed (changed/added is ok)
- commit the changes in a new SR
- IMPORTANT: ensure impact of the SR mentioned that users will need to clear their browser caches
- a change is needed to ckeditor.js to set a global variable, if it is not preserved by the update, then add
window.CKEDITOR_BASEPATH = '/ckeditor/';
to the top of the file.
It is recommended that you then update a single machine to check the update is working and then compare to an un-updated machine to check same options are all present and nothing has been lost